I remember the first time I discovered my parents’ wedding album. They kept it on a high shelf in the living room, safely tucked between art books, biographies, and hard cover novels. But as most parents discover, a six year old boy and a stepladder can reach the moon. Sitting on the sofa with the heavy white leather album balanced in my lap, I began to turn it’s silver-gilded pages and was mesmerized. My dad looked dapper in a white smoking jacket and velvet black tie. Young and optimistic, he smiled as if he possessed some wonderful little secret he was keeping just for himself. And my mom, she looked like a princess in white silk and lace, glowing as she floated down the aisle on my grandfather Leon’s arm. There was my uncle Leonard dancing the jitterbug, my aunt Betsy making a toast, our extended family and their closest friends, laughing, dancing, kissing and singing together. Everyone was there and they all looked so incredibly happy and alive.
One day your kids will pull your album off the top shelf and they too will be spellbound. Eventually your wedding album will be much more than a collection of beautiful photographs, it will become a cherished family heirloom and an important part of your legacy. This is why wedding albums are so important, because they remind us of who we were, who we love, and the importance of family and community. I still remember that excitement I felt as a young boy, and I bring that feeling into every wedding album my studio creates.
Working closely with a talented team of editors, retouchers, graphic designers, printers, and binders enables Studio JLK to deliver some of the most luxurious and well-constructed albums available. Options like printed vellum cover pages, matted and non-mated pages, silk ribbons, leather lanyards, font style choices, fold out pages, as well as a range of colors and cover materials insures that all Studio JLK albums are as unique as they are elegant.
1. Choose a DUO, FLUSHMOUNT or TREASURE BOX from our Custom New York Wedding Photo Albums page, or here in our New York City wedding album design studio.
2. Choose your cover material and color.
3. Decide on the cover motif you prefer.
4. Decide how many pages you want. All our albums come standard with 15 pages. Since there are 2 sides per page that’s 30 sides. The number of pages you choose is usually dependent on the length of the amount of wedding day coverage and the number of guests. We believe less is always more so we always want our albums to tell your wedding or event day story with the least amount of images possible. From our experience, if you’re making a 10 x 7″ album and had 10 hrs of event coverage with 2 photographers, 120 guests, you’ll probably want to add 6-8 more pages to include family and closest friends as well as the events of the day. If you’re making a 14 x 10″ album, with the same variables as above, 4-6 additional pages should be enough. Our premium 18 x 12″ album is perfect at 15 pages because each page is large enough to include more images without loosing too much image size. That said, most of the 18 x 12″ albums our clients create are 16-20 pages. To really have a feeling for the album sizes and page numbers come by our wedding album design studio to see our samples.
5. Choose your favorite images and send us the images on a usb thumb drive or via online file transfer. If Studio JLK photographed your wedding or event just send us the image names by email and we’ll pull them from our files. The question is how many images should you send us? That depends on the size of your album, the number of pages, and of course the length of coverage, number of guests, etc… That said, once we know most of those details we will recommend how many images you should send. If the album includes aprox 100 images we will want you to send us the 50-60 that are your must-haves. If Studio JLK photographed your event we will add our choices to craft an album that not only includes the most important people and moments, but artfully tells the story of your wedding or event. This includes detail shots, fun moments, ambiance and the rest. If Studio JLK didn’t photograph your event you’ll want to send us the high resolution color corrected files your photographer gave you so we can go through the images and pick the best additional shots to complete your album edit.
6. Our graphic designer will create the layout and pagination for your album.
7. You’ll receive an email link to view the online layout.
8. We schedule a phone call to view and discuss the online layout together. Every album is an evolution, so you’re welcome to make changes and modifications.
9. You receive an email link to view the updated layout. If you want to make further changes let’s do it. It’s your album and it has to be perfect!
10. Once you OK the final layout your album goes to the printer and then to the binder.
11. Usually within 30-45 days your album arrives and everyone knows it because you can’t stop smiling!
The whole process usually takes around 90 days. If your images are not color corrected to our high standards when we receive them we will do our best to enhance them, but this always depends on the quality of the images we have to work with. The quality of photography and the quality/resolution of the images determine the ultimate image/printing quality. Depending on the state of the images we receive there may be an extra fee for color corrections, black and white transfers, etc… For our Studio JLK wedding and event clients there is never an additional fee for this since the images have already been adjusted to our standards. For our clients who want our premium imaging service we offer photo retouching to smooth skin, enhance details, thin out arms/legs, improve skin tones, take obstructions out of the foreground or background (your Uncle running into the background of your cake cutting moment) and more. This is truly an exclusive imaging post production service and available for all our clients. Retouching fees depend on the work needed and the total number of images to retouch. Contact us to discuss.
The Studio JLK signature wedding album is definitely the DUO. What we love about this album is the DUO’s blend of classic matted and clean linear pages. The DUO has the nostalgia of a vintage wedding album but with a modern edge. Call it the remix. All DUO album pages are printed on archival silver-halide photographic papers for maximum image quality, color saturation and endurance. DUO albums are available in landscape formats in 10×7″, 14×10″ and 18×12″.
10 x 7” $1,785 (additional pages $85/ea.)
14 x 10” $2,400 (additional pages $115/ea.)
18 x 12” $3,400 (additional pages $145/ea.)
FLUSHMOUNT wedding and event photo albums are the perfect choice for those who prefer modern lines and minimalist design. All FLUSHMOUNT album pages are printed on archival silver-halide photographic papers for maximum image quality, color saturation and endurance. Like our DUO albums, pages are heavy-weight and built to stand the test of time. FLUSHMOUNT albums are available in landscape formats in 10×7″, 14×10″ and 18×12″.
10 x 7” $1,695 (additional pages $75/ea.)
14 x 10” $2,310 (additional pages $95/ea.)
18 x 12” $2,860 (additional pages $120/ea.)
PARENT copy albums are a smaller “virtual copy” of your DUO or FLUSHMOUNT album. Due to their smaller size, all PARENT albums are printed in FLUSHMOUNT design without matted pages. So whether you’re making a DUO or FLUSHMOUNT wedding photo album you can be sure your Mom, Dad and your Grandmother all get a copy. Because we don’t make changes to the design/layout of of your wedding album we can offer these PARENT copy albums at a very affordable price.
7 x 5″ $595
10 x 7″ $695